Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Night Yoga

I finally committed...




...to teaching a regularly scheduled yoga class! 

I am very excited to announce that for the next several months, I'll be teaching yoga on Monday Nights at Butterfly Yoga.

And although I am no Scotta, I will do my best to bring you a fun-filled, inspirational, and honest yoga class.

What you need to know:

This is a level 2 class which typically translates into "intermediate" or  "advanced". However, I want to challenge the notion of what "advanced" means. And because I'm sure there are a million different answers as to what yoga instructors may say, I"ll tell you what my version of "advanced" means.

It means to be purposeful in every transition and to be mindful and aware of your body as you move on your yoga mat and being okay with where you are in your practice. 

It doesn't mean you must be able to handstand in the middle of the room. It doesn't mean if you can't do a backbend that you aren't advanced enough to come.

It just means that you understand your body enough to know when to stop pushing and yet also when to start pushing. It means that you are okay with getting off at your "bus stop" along the route to more challenging asanas. It means listening and honoring your body and not flinging yourself up on the wall just because a few other people in the class are.

However, a level 2 yoga class also implies that you've done some yoga before.

So, if I had to type out a class description so people would know what to expect for this class, it might read something like this:

"This class will continue to broaden the asana experience bringing students into the intermediate level and beyond. You will expand on poses that will further challenge your strength, stamina, and flexibility, moving you into more advanced asana poses. Creative sequencing will provide a full body and mind experience. This class will involve more backbends and inversions. This class is accessible to most students, but students should be in overall good health."

(That was taken from several different descriptions I found online--and I just kind of pieced them together.) 

If this sounds like you and where you are in your yoga practice, join me! And if not, then there are plenty more scheduled classes throughout the week that might be what you're looking for. 

If you have any questions about this class and your ability or comfort level, please don't hesitate to message or call me. 

Details for Class: 

When: Monday Nights at 5:30-6:45pm

Where: Butterfly Yoga 3025 North State St. Jackson, MS

How much: $15 for a drop-in class. Other class packages are listed on website


I am truly honored at this opportunity. 

I am excited to see what we will learn together during the next few months. 

And don't worry, if you already miss Scotta, she'll be back in no time! 

With Love,
Jen 

No comments:

Post a Comment